Well we don't have much else to do. Dave likes guns and I want to demonstrate head-tracking, together we find common ground in the Apache's awesome Bushmaster cannon.
|Gun cam (early HUD)|
In the space on an hour (while formulating this blog entry) we have sound effects and a totally oversized effect spewing from our Apache.
Our first pass specification is as follows:
- Flash object and 'glow' material
- Bushmaster cannon sound effect (done)
- Easy arming mode and gun select
- WEP page already has burst select mode (arm symbology)
- Pilot/copilot acquisition of gun control
- Slave movement to head tracker
- Ballistic calculation
- Ground target pivot (invisible) used to minimize parallax errors from dual seat lag.
- Explosion and fire effect (heh, easy to do badly, hard to do right).
OK, time to put on some coffee and do some research. LEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOY JENKINS!!!!!