Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Not much practical work done today

Lot of time deep in emails answering queries and looking at Mac platform development.


  1. Hey, how are you getting the sounds for small arms?

    You should definitely at least differentiate between M-16 and AK-47

    From some research I was doing the new Iranian assault rifle is pretty much an M-16 but in a bullpup.

    They also use either the G-3 or FAL, i forgot which.

    If need be, I could see about using some recording equipment for music, going to the range and recording sounds.

    I can get you: AR-15, AR-15 Carbine, FAL, AK-47, SKS, M-14, as well as Colt 1911

    So let me know, it would have to be after may 20th, as I will be getting home then.

  2. oh, I could also go as far back as bringing out a K98, Lee Enfield .303, and Mosin Nagant, depending on how the Taliban are armed.

    I just remembered those still remain pretty popular for marksmen, but definitely have a different sound then anything semi automatic.

  3. Just passing by to say that I am following your work and it's amazing what you have done so far. I really hope your works brings a old glory back. I don't know what you guys are going to decide but if you can keep it so later one can add third party helicopters like OH-58 or UH-60 if you know what I mean. Anyway, amazing work, very talented people.

    Best regards.

  4. So You want to make Your sim available for Mac users as well??? Amazing. Then I will be able to play it at work. :-D

  5. @Pavel Just looking into it, that and a possible iPhone app tie-in. Most of the code is cross-platform but the 3D engine isn't (yet). As it is, it's going to need a beefy GPU.

    @focha We are looking at additional helicopters to expand gameplay possibilities.

    @Robert You scare me :)

  6. OK. Anyway...You are one of very few developers, who takes MAC platform into consideration.

  7. Let me know if you need someone to help you with a website later on. Been working as a web developers (not designer) for over 10 years.